This family group stands at the top of Heol Dyfed, Fishguard. The dog is the centre of interest, as he has been taught to sit on the child’s bike. Can anyone identify the family ? The road leads down to the main road to Goodwick, and the Masonic Hall can be seen on the far RHS of the photograph. At the top of Heol Dyfed is today’s Ysgol Bro Gwaun.
When the new Secondary School opened in 1953 (Ysgol Bro Gwaun ) Heol Dyfed was the only entrance to the school, causing traffic chaos!
The County Echo 25-3-1909 – Street Name — The members of the Fishguard Building Club have decided to name their new street of 40 houses “Heol Dyfed.”