This group of schoolgirls were assembled in the Grange Field which was the school playing field for pupils attending the old Fishguard Grammar school in the 40s and 50s. Even when the school relocated to the new building at the top of Heol Dyfed in 1953, the Grange Field continued to be used for many years afterwards for all the school’s sporting events. Today, a road providing a new entrance to the school (now called Ysgol Bro Gwaun), swimming pool and the Catholic school has been constructed through the Grange Field.
The christian names of the pupils are on the back of the photograph. It has been possible to add surnames to only two of them. Does anyone recognise a relative or even themselves in this photograph?
Back Row. L-R, Margaret; Sylvia; Lily-May Harries; Ella Waugh; Cecilie.
Middle Row. L-R, Eirwen; Doreen; Nina; Glenys; Lois; Biddy.
Front Row. L-R, Nancy; Dorothy; Rose; Lonie; Joan Waugh; Jean; Dilys.