The Kensington Swingtette played at many of the local dances in the late 1940s, which were usually held at the Drill Hall. The group comprised of Mr George Proud Snr. playing the double bass, pianist George Proud Jr., drummer Richard Proud.
In a concert held in the church hall Fishguard in April 1947 in aid of the local sports club fund, the Kensington Swingtette played a variety of musical items starting with their signature tune “Blue Eyes”. Other popular numbers were “DrummerBoy”, “Boogie Woogie Piggy” and their own version of the “Woodchopper’s Ball” !