Albert Furlong (see Livery Stable proprietor ) ran for many years, a coaching business in a building to the rear of the Great Western Hotel on Main Street, Fishguard. Although for a period he was also the owner of the hotel, carriages and driving were his main occupation.
Albert Furlong died in 1905 and it is not known whether or not the business was continued by his two sons, George and Tom although The County Echo does not seem to carry any advertisements for it.
By 1929 however, the building was repurposed as a Generating Station by Mr JR Parkington on behalf of the West Cambrian Power Company Ltd (see Fishguard Electricity Supply ) The building does not seem to have been extended from the time it was a stable although a large chimney has been added.
The top photograph was taken in 1903. The gentlemen in it can be named as L-R Alex Vaughan; George Furlong; Tom Furlong; S. Rees and “Magic” James!