A lovely image of the crew of the Fishguard and Goodwick Urban District Council Fire Brigade.
The second image is not a Fishguard engine but is a make which would have been used in Fishguard in the 1930s
Exactly when the Fire Brigade was formed in Fishguard is not known but certainly in the first decade after 1900 there was much in the local press about the need to establish a brigade. At that time the nearest brigade was in Haverfordwest and there was a lot of pressure for the Fishguard Urban District Council to form a brigade in the north of the county.
As it turned out the GWR got their act together first and formed a fire brigade on the harbour in 1910. The firemen were all existing harbour employees who would respond when called upon by the fire bell on the harbour. Whether they attended fires outside the boundaries of the harbour and stations is not known.