Western Welsh - 1997
In September 1997, a tour of Pembrokeshire was organised to mark the 25th anniversary of the withdrawal of services by Western Welsh from the County. This was organised by Western Welsh enthusiast Jeff Edwards of Milford Haven and supported by the then Chair of Pembrokeshire County Council, Councillor Peter Stock.
Four veteran buses traced their original routes from Haverfordwest to St Davids (this was a route dating back to 1911!), on to Fishguard and then returning to Haverfordwest.
At Fishguard the buses were greeted by many of the former local Western Welsh staff and a Bi Centennial welcome was provided by the Mayor, Councillor Janet Bennet Howell together with Jemima.
The former staff pictured left to right Austin Harries Harbour Village; John Morrissey Fishguard; David “Dai” Evans Panyrychain, Goodwick; Keith Davies Victoria Avenue, Fishguard; Ivor Davies Stop & Call; Glyn Griffiths Penbanc, Fishguard; Howell Gough Dinas; n/k