Pentower Calvanistic Methodist Chapel on Tower Hill is considered to be the earliest chapel in Fishguard. It originated in 1759, was rebuilt in 1788, 1806, 1824 and in 1889 underwent considerable remodelling. Membership over the years varied considerably – around 1810 it stood at 200 with a further 30 members recorded following the revival in the late 1850s; however by 1886 it stood at 100.
As well as the Chapel, there was also a cemetery, school room and manse. The building is Grade 2 listed.
Sadly it closed its doors for the final time on the 26th November 2017 following a final service of dissolution. Many former members of the Chapel congregation came home especially to attend the service.
It is now undergoing conversion into a residential dwelling.
Historical information obtained from https://coflein.gov.uk/en/site/10940 – which is the online database for the National Monuments Records of Wales